Environmental sustainability is critical to Packaging Personified. Packaging Personified engages in recycling plastic to third-party manufacturers who use the plastic in various consumer products, to reduce manufacturing waste, and use sustainable products in the use of Packaging. Our company takes environmental impact seriously and has implemented a number of different initiatives to help combat waste and become more environmentally effective.
True Life Cycle Program
Our True Life Cycle Program (TLC) was developed because as the owners and employees of Packaging Personified, we believe our commitment to providing the best products also includes using environmentally conscious practices. The TLC program is a strategic plan with the goal to implement Eco-effective solutions. Additional goals of this program are the following:
- Use resources wisely and focus on waste reduction
- Comply with all laws including Eco-sustaining initiatives
- Operate in a safe, responsible, and effective manner
- Promote the desirable impact of our products in final use
Corporate Partner Responsibility
As a corporate partner, we accept the responsibility of helping make people’s lives better through the products we make and the commitment to providing quality work environments. Some of our initiatives include the following:
- Recycling corrugated and plastic waste for unrelated products
- Capturing and redirecting the heat generated from manufacturing process as a source to reduce electric energy demand
- Retro-fitting facilities with Eco-friendly lighting
Customer Partner Responsibility
When we partner with our customers, we focus on long-term financial strength, providing products and services with value, and managing our business in a respectful and socially honorable manner. Some of the steps we take to accomplish this include the following:
- Reducing and measuring accurately the ink in printing equipment to decrease chemical consumption and save customer capital
- Developing and testing all available packaging materials that support the reduction of corrugated packaging materials
- Reducing the weight bases of previously existing packaging materials used in the same application
The Model Toxics in Packaging Legislation was developed in 1989 to reduce the amount of heavy metals in packaging and its components. Developed by the Coalition of Northeastern Governors (CONEG), the chemicals lead, mercury, cadmium, and hexavalent chromium cannot exceed 100 parts per million by weight. Essentially, no harmful metals can be used in packaging. As a company that follows the CONEG model, Packaging Personified is dedicated to upholding the standards and processes of this eco-friendly model.
Environmental consciousness can be enhanced by passing along the education of plastic/packaging recycling to your customers. As a company that believes in a sustainable environment, many parts of recycling plastic happens after the purchase of your product. Continuing to educate our communities and implement environmental guidelines, Packaging Personified is happy to be an example for other businesses.